Zeolite Media for Swimming Pool Water Filtration
Zeo-Clear is an all natural Zeolite granular filtration media that improves water clarity. It is used as a direct replacement for common silica sand found in many pool filters.
- Improves Water Clarity
- Traps particles and ammonium ions that cause eye burning chloramines
- Reduces need for chemical shock treatments
- All natural
- Improves filtration
- Rinse and Clean filter tank, always remove and inspect laterals at this point to prevent damaged laterals from allowing media to enter your pool
- Fill 1/3 of filter tank with water, this step is important to protect laterals from damage while filling with Zeolite
- Install pea gravel or chat to top of the laterals (see chart below)
- Determine amount of Zeo-clear needed (note: 50 lbs of Zeo-Clear equals 100lbs of sand in volume, 25 lbs equals 50 lbs in volume)
- Fill tank with required amount of Zeo-Clear
- Return distributor or stand-pipe to proper position. Check air vent tube and exterior piping for proper operation and cleanliness.
- Start filter in backwash mode to remove dust from media, backwash until water is clear. Turn off filter pump and allow media to settle. Repeat backwash and rinse cycles 2 or more times.
SPECIAL NOTE – Zeolite may require up to 3 times more initial backwashing than regular silica sand or glass, take extra care at this step to prevent future issues with cloudiness caused by ultra-fine particles
(Note: Dual Filters often use gravel in the filter bed. Always consult filter manufacturers literature for proper gravel specifications and media bed depth. Zeo-Clear Zeolite replaces sand at same bed depth.